We helped develop the Bullseye Award, for podcasts delivering a compelling listening experience to niche audiences. Now that the full slate of nominations are out, we wanted to shout out the finalists.
This "slightly filthy" LGBT storytelling podcast has picked up awards in both 2017 and 2018. Fingers crossed for this year!
- Listen to Probably True via Apple Podcasts
- Listen to Probably True via Spotify
- Listen to Probably True via Google Podcasts
- Visit the Probably True website
This charming, family-friendly podcast features funny grown-ups Andy Stanton and Carrie Quinlan educating kids on a variety of topics.
- Listen to Ask the Nincompoops via Apple Podcasts
- Listen to Ask the Nincompoops via Spotify
- Listen to Ask the Nincompoops via Google Podcasts
- Visit the Ask the Nincompoops website
This ambitious audio time machine is exactly what the awards are about. It's a unique opportunity to experience what the world sounded like over 150 years ago.
- Listen to Centuries of Sound via Apple Podcasts
- Listen to Centuries of Sound via Google Podcasts
- Visit the Centuries of Sound website
This fascinating interview podcast dives into artists' work and inspiration, opening the doors of the London-based creative workspace to the world.
- Listen to Somerset House Studios via Apple Podcasts
- Listen to Somerset House Studios via Spotify
- Listen to Somerset House Studios via Google Podcasts
- Visit the Somerset House Studios website
This is another podcast for which this award could've been specifically designed. Each month, small-scale farmers share real stories in a bid to reconnect us with our farming and rural communities.
- Listen to Farmerama via Apple Podcasts
- Listen to Farmerama via Spotify
- Listen to Farmerama via Google Podcasts
- Visit the Farmerama website
Also entered for the running is this fortnightly offering from the BBC, featuring interview snippets from Charlie Taylor's local radio cricket show.
Watch the nomination announcement
The team behind the wildly popular podcast No Such Thing as a Fish presented this year's nominations live, and dedicate a significant number of seconds discussing how to pronounce Podiant 🤣
The category winner will be announced at the awards ceremony in fancy London town on May 18th. Podiant's founder, Mark -- that's me! -- will be there, so come and say hi! Loads of luck to each of the nominees.